(can be gluten free)
Cornbread is definitely one of my favourite foods, and with fall on its way this recipe will be for sure on repeat! It’s sweet, savoury, crumbly, buttery, and perfect as a side for chilli or soup. Not to mention it is incredibly easy to make, and can be made gluten free and/or refined sugar free if you so choose!
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or 1/3 cup white sugar)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted & cooled (or vegan butter)
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (or GF 1:1)
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly oil/butter a pie dish (cast iron skillet would likely also work).
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, melted & cooled butter, and milk.
- Once well combined, fold in cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Pour mixture into pie dish, and bake for around 30 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool before slicing and serving! Best served with a slab of butter.
FOR GLUTEN FREE
- use gluten free all-purpose flour