Super tasty and flavour-packed salmon tacos with a light and crunchy tomato corn salsa, and a zesty tahini sauce that adds a bright pop of citrus. Leftovers? This recipe can be easily converted into a salad or rice bowl, and the salsa can be used on avocado toast or with some baked tortilla chips!
FOR THE SALMON/TACOS:
- medium tortillas
- salmon fillet* (enough for 4-6 servings)
- 1/2–1 tsp cumin (depending on size of salmon)
- 1/2–1 tsp chilli powder (depending on size of salmon)
- salt & pepper
- avocado, for serving (optional)
- spinach or arugula, for serving
FOR THE TOMATO CORN SALSA (makes ~3 cups):
- 1 cup tomato, diced
- 1 cup bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup corn
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro or parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lime juice (or lemon)
FOR THE ZESTY TAHINI SAUCE (makes ~1/2 cup):
- 2 tbsp tahini**
- 1/2 lemon, zest & juice (~1.5 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
Prepare your salsa & sauce beforehand OR while salmon is cooking – whatever works best for you!
- Make the salsa: In a medium-large bowl, mix together the tomato, bell pepper, corn, red onion, cilantro/parsley, and lime juice. Keep covered in fridge if making beforehand!
- Make the sauce: In a small jar or container, mix the tahini, lemon zest & juice, dijon, and garlic powder until well combined (use a fork or small whisk). Keep covered in fridge if making beforehand!
- Prepare & cook the salmon: Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with tinfoil and spray it with oil to prevent sticking. Place salmon on prepared sheets, sprinkle on cumin, chilli powder, salt & pepper, and bake for 25-40 minutes (depending on size!).
- Assemble to tacos: Heat the tortillas on a pan until warm & slightly crispy. Top with spinach or arugula, tomato corn salsa, salmon, avocado, and zesty tahini sauce.
*You may use shrimp or white fish as well
**If you don’t have tahini or don’t like it, try using cashew butter or sunflower butter instead!
Any leftovers can easily be transformed into a salad, rice bowl, or wrap the next day, or the salsa can be used on avocado toast or with some baked tortilla chips.
Make it Gluten Free: Use gluten free tortillas
Make it Vegan: Cook some tofu or tempeh instead of the salmon! Season it similarly, with cumin, chili powder, and salt & pepper.
- Category: main meals
Keywords: salmon, tacos, salsa, tahini, lemon, sauce, fish, nuts free, main meals