(vegan, gluten free)
The perfect protein-packed addition to your morning avocado toast, your afternoon power bowl, or your evening stir-fry. You can keep this simple by using the sauce as a glaze or, to add an extra punch of flavour, marinate the tofu before pan-frying. Enjoy xo
for the marinade:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar (or other vinegar)
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano or basil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- pinch of salt and pepper
- extra firm tofu, cut into thin rectangles (or cubes)
- Mix up the marinade in a jar (or in a small bowl, and store leftovers in the fridge). Slice up the tofu.
- To use as a glaze: Heat pan to medium heat, and add a spoonful of the glaze to the middle of the pan. Place the sliced tofu on the pan, then spoon extra glaze onto the tofu as it cooks for a few minutes. Flip once golden brown and crispy, and add on extra glaze if you want. Cook the other side for a few minutes, and it’s done!
- To use as a marinade: Place the sliced tofu and some of the marinade into a bowl or bag and let sit in the fridge for up to 30 minutes. Place the tofu onto a pan over medium heat. Let cook on each side for a few minutes, spooning on extra marinade if you so choose. Once each side is golden brown and crispy, you are done!
- Add tofu to avocado toast, sandwiches, salads, power bowls, stir fries, etc.