(vegan, gluten free)
Cookies are one thing, but I think we can all agree that a giant cookie in a pan takes things to another level. Here’s a super simple recipe that you can make to share… or just for yourself!
- 3 tbsp vegan butter (melted)
- 1/3 cup coconut (or brown) sugar
- 1 flax egg* (1 tbsp ground flax + 2 1/2 tbsp water, let sit for 5 mins)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup oat flour**
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Make flax egg, and set aside while you whisk together butter and sugar in a medium bowl. Once the flax egg is ready, whisk it in along with the vanilla.
- Fold in dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt). Then fold in chocolate chips.
- Place dough on greased skillet pan (or pie plate, ramekins) and bake for around 20 minutes, depending on how cooked you want your cookie.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes, then top with whatever you desire (ice cream, sweet cashew sauce, homemade nut butter, whipped cream, extra chocolate, berries, etc.)!
*sub flax egg with one whole egg
**you could try subbing the oat flour for all purpose, however I’d suggest starting with only 1/2 cup
**you can make your own oat flour by blending oats in a blender or food processor