(vegan, gluten free)
The coziest bowl, filled with plant-based goodness and a whole lot of love! This vegan stew is super simple and perfect over rice for a warming and nourishing meal at home. Enjoy! xx
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 a yellow onion
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 cups chopped carrots (~2 large carrots)
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 can coconut milk (400 mL)
- *optional* vegetable stock (1/2 – 1 cup)
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1 tsp salt
- Chop and cook sweet potato in 450F oven for 30 minutes.
- Allow sweet potatoes to cool, then purée in a blender or food processor. You may need to add a bit of water to help get your blender going!
- In a large pot, sauté onion and garlic in olive oil until brown. Then add carrots, celery, and spices (curry powder, nutmeg, oregano, basil, salt).
- Once softened, add in coconut milk and blended sweet potato.
- Bring to a light boil, adding vegetable stock if bottom of pan starts to burn/stick or if the mixture is too thick)
- Add in the drained and rinsed chickpeas.
- Cover slightly and simmer for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve over a bed of rice and spinach, or whatever you desire, and enjoy!