(vegan, can be gluten free)
This recipe is basically a warm hug… in a mug! Behold your new favourite companion to bundle in a cozy blanket and watch Netflix with. Made with pantry staple in under 5 minutes, with very minimal cleanup. It’s fluffy, vegan, and can be made gluten free!
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup flour (all-purpose, oat, buckwheat, 1:1 GF, whole wheat)
- 1 1/2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2/3 – 1 tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup plant milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp chocolate chips
- In a mug, mix together the dry (cocoa, flour, sugar, salt, baking powder).
- Then, mix in the wet (oil, milk, vanilla, chocolate chips).
- Top with more chocolate chips if you want, and cook in microwave for around 1 minute. This time depends on your microwave. I would recommend cooking in 20 second intervals after the minute until the cake is cooked through.
- Let cool, and top with nuts, coconut, cereal, frosting, whipped cream, homemade nut butter, or whatever you desire!