(gluten free, can be vegan)
If you love peanut butter, and better yet peanut butter with banana, these muffins are for you! They are fluffy, lightly sweet, nutty – perfect for a breakfast on the go or an afternoon pick me up. Enjoy!
- 2 bananas
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (plus extra for drizzling)
- 2 eggs***
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour*
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas, then mix in eggs, peanut butter, maple syrup, and oil.
- Once combined, mix in flour, cinnamon, and baking powder.
- Oil/grease muffin tins, and pour mixture in. Drizzle extra peanut butter on top** (highly recommended)!
- Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes. Then devour!
*You can make your own oat flour by blending oats in a blender.
**You may have to melt the peanut butter for drizzling in the microwave in order for it to drizzle nicely.
***You can try substituting the eggs with flax eggs, though I have not tried this.
- You can add extra mix ins to these muffins, such as chocolate chips, nuts, hemp or chia seeds.
- Check out my guide to homemade nut butters to see how to make your own peanut butter for this recipe!