If you know me, you know that I make pancakes at least once a week (usually on Sundays), and these peanut butter pancakes have recently become one of my favourites. Perfect for a lazy Sunday morning with a cup of tea and a good book. Enjoy!
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 egg*
- 1/2 cup oat milk**
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup oat flour***
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- dash of salt (if your peanut butter is unsalted)
- Mix together the peanut butter, egg, milk, and maple syrup in a bowl.
- Then mix in the flour, baking powder, and (optional) salt.
- Cook on buttered/oiled, flipping once golden brown, and repeating on the other side.
- Top with whatever you want (bananas, maple syrup, chocolate chips, fruit, nuts) and enjoy!
*You can try subbing the egg with a flax egg, although I have not tried this.
**You can use any type of milk or plant milk here, I just personally prefer oat milk.
***You can make your own oat flour by blending oats in a blender. You may also replace the oat flour with all-purpose. I would recommend starting with only 1/2 a cup.
- Check out my guide to homemade nut butters to see how to make your own peanut butter for this recipe!