This is possibly the simplest, quickest, and tastiest pancake recipe I’ve ever made. With only 5 staple ingredients, you can whip these up in less than 15 minutes in the morning with minimal effort and clean up. I have these at least once a week and they never get old! They are made with oat flour, one of my favourite flours because you can make it yourself by simply blending oats. It makes these pancakes super fluffy, and a bit more filling and nutrient dense than if you were to use all-purpose. The banana in here also adds some extra nutrients and natural sweetness. I have nothing but good things to say about these pancakes! Let’s jump into the recipe.
(makes 3-4 pancakes)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 egg (or 3 tbsp egg whites)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 9 tbsp oat flour* (1/2 cup + 1 tbsp)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Mash banana in a bowl, then mix in egg.
- Mix in vanilla, flour, and baking powder.
- Cook on oiled/buttered pan until golden on each side.
- Top with chocolate chips, more bananas, maple syrup, or whatever you desire!
*You can make your own oat flour by blending oats into a fine flour
- Oats will work in replacement of the oat flour, but be careful because the pancakes will be fragile
- Feel free to add in extras like cinnamon, hemp, chia, or flax seeds, nutmeg, chocolate chips, blueberries, etc.