(vegan, gluten free)
If you are looking for a simple, nutrient dense, no-nonsense granola recipe, you’ve come to the right place! Crunchy, nutty, and with warm hints of cinnamon, this granola really hits the spot as a quick breakfast or afternoon snack. Plus it could not be easier to make! Just toss everything in a bowl, mix, and bake! There are a lot of substitutions you can make here, so feel free to change up the ingredients to what you have available. Granola is pretty flexible, so you can’t really go wrong! Enjoy!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (or any nut)
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed (optional)
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds (optional)
- 1 tbsp coconut or brown sugar (if you like your granola a bit sweeter)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup almond butter (any nut/seed butter really)
- 1/4 cup honey*
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix together all ingredients in a large bowl (I usually start with mixing the dry ingredients together, and then incorporating the wet).
- Spread over a parchment lined baking sheet (thicker for crunchier granola).
- Bake for around 18 minutes, mixing/flipping halfway through, and let cool before breaking into pieces!
*Replace the honey with maple syrup (I have not tried this so cannot vouch for the results, but it should work just fine!)