(vegan, gluten free)
This recipe has been a staple of mine for a while now. It’s super easy to whip together for a quick lunch or dinner, and the flavour is something I’ll always want to come back to. This glaze would also work well on salmon or chicken!
- 1/2 a block of extra firm organic tofu
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos (or tamari, or soy sauce)
- 1 tsp honey (or maple syrup, agave – start w/ 1/2 tsp if using syrup and then adjust the sweetness to your liking)
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp hoisin
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- In a small bowl, mix together the ingredients (not including the tofu). Chop the tofu into cubes.
- Heat a pan on medium heat, and spoon on around a tbsp of glaze. Place the cubbed tofu into the glaze on the pan, and spoon the remaining glaze onto the tofu.
- Cook for a few minutes, then flip the tofu, spooning the caramelized glaze from the pan over top of the tofu as it cooks.
- Once the glaze has fully coated and cooked on the tofu, you are done! Serve over a bowl of noodles and vegetables, or with a rice stir-fry.