(vegan, gluten free)
This salad is light, fresh, and colourful – perfect for a hot summer day! I personally don’t measure out my vegetables or ingredients in this too precisely, so feel free to add as little or as much as you prefer. Enjoy!
for the salad:
- 1 540mL/19oz can lentils, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups spinach or kale, chopped
- 1 cup red cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 red or yellow onion, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro or parsley, minced
for the dressing:
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp water
- dash of salt & pepper to taste
- To prepare dressing, in a jar or dressing bottle combine all ingredients. Shake/mix well before using.
- To prepare salad, in a large bowl combine salad ingredients and dressing, mix together.
- Ideally, refrigerate before serving and serve cold!