(vegan, gluten free)
As the weather gets chillier, I’ve been craving more nourishing/warming breakfasts, and oatmeal has been my go to! I make mine in the microwave because it’s so quick and easy, perfect for when you want breakfast ready in less than 5 minutes. I start out with the same base, and then change up the mix ins/toppings accordingly! Below is a combination I love, but feel free to adjust it to your liking!
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1-2 tbsp hemp, chia, or ground flax seeds
- 1/2 cup milk of choice and/or water
- dash of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp protein powder (optional)
- more milk/water to thin (depending on the texture you prefer)
- fresh or frozen berries
- sliced banana
- chopped date
- nut butter*
- chopped nuts
- sunflower or pumpkin seeds
- In a small bowl, combine the base (oats, seeds, milk/water).
- Microwave for 90 seconds (be sure to cover it!).
- Stir in mix ins and top with toppings of your choosing!
*Make your own nut butters with my homemade nut butter recipe!