(vegan, gluten free)
As the weather gets chillier, I’ve been craving more nourishing/warming breakfasts, and oatmeal has been my go to! I make mine in the microwave because it’s so quick and easy, perfect for when you want breakfast ready in less than 5 minutes. I start out with the same base, and then change up the mix ins/toppings accordingly! Below is a combination I love, but feel free to adjust it to your liking!
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1-2 tbsp hemp and/or chia seeds
- 1/2 cup oat milk and/or water
- 1 tbsp protein powder (unflavoured, vanilla, etc.)
- dash of cinnamon
- more oat milk to thin (optional)
- 1 chopped date
- sliced banana
- 1 tbsp almond butter*
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- In a small bowl, combine the base (oats, hemp/chia seeds, milk/water).
- Microwave for 90 seconds (be sure to cover it!).
- Stir in mix ins and top with toppings of your choosing!
*Make your own nut butters with my homemade nut butter recipe!