(can be vegan, gluten free, nut free)
This blondie recipe could not be easier – one bowl and 9 staple ingredients is all you need to whip up a fresh batch of these “blonde-brownies” and make your house smell like a bakery! The fun part about this recipe is that you can customize it; You can mix and match different nut or seed butters, mix-ins, and toppings to make a blondie concoction that fits your every need and craving. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup brown sugar (or coconut sugar)
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup nut butter*
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line with parchment or grease a 8×8 baking pan.
- In a large bowl, melt the butter and let it cool for ~10 minutes while you prepare and gather your other ingredients.
- Beat the butter and brown sugar together, then incorporate the nut butter. Once well combined, add the eggs, one at a time, and the vanilla.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Once well combined, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan, and back for 30-35 minutes, depending how gooey you want them to be. Let cool before cutting.
- Enjoy with some homemade caramel, ice cream, or as is!
*Make your own homemade nut butter for this recipe!
- Substitute unsalted vegan butter for regular unsalted butter
- Try substituting 6 tbsp aquafaba or 2 flax eggs (5 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water, let sit for 10 mins) for the 2 eggs, although I haven’t tried this
FOR GLUTEN FREE:
- Substitute gluten free all-purpose flour for the regular flour
FOR NUT FREE:
- Substitute a seed butter like sunflower for the nut butter