(vegan, can be gluten free and/or nut free)
Half granola – half cookie, this recipe is the perfect balance of crunch and chew (if I do say so myself)! It’s like a granola bar in the shape of a cookie, but one that you can make at home with minimal ingredients. I’ve had these on repeat for the last two weeks and it’s only just begun… Enjoy!
- 1/4 cup nut or seed butter (I used almond butter)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or honey)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup thick rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2-3 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with a silicon baking mat or parchment paper
- In a large bowl, mix together the nut/seed butter, honey or maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Mix in the rolled oats until well combined. Then, mix in the sliced almonds, pumpkin seeds, cinnamon, and salt. Chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Using around 2 tbsp dough for cookie, place clusters on the baking sheet (I find it easiest to use 2 spoons to do this). You may need to press down or adjust stray pieces, but as long as the dough forms a rough cluster shape the cookies should stay together just fine once baked!
- Bake for 11-13 minutes (more chewy = less time, more crunchy = more time). Let cool on baking sheet for 10-15 minutes. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- use maple syrup instead of honey
FOR GLUTEN FREE:
- use gluten free thick rolled oats
FOR NUT FREE:
- use seed butter (sunflower seed, tahini, etc.)
- replace sliced almonds with 1/4 cup seed of your choice (sunflower, pumpkin) and 1/4 cup thick rolled oats.