Half granola – half cookie, this recipe is the perfect balance of crunch and chew (if I do say so myself)! It’s like a granola bar in the shape of a cookie, but one that you can make at home with minimal ingredients.
- 1/4 cup nut or seed butter (I use almond butter)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or honey)*
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup thick rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2–3 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with a silicon baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the nut/seed butter, maple syrup (or honey), and vanilla.
- Mix in the rolled oats until well combined. Then mix in the sliced almonds, pumpkin seeds, cinnamon, and salt. Chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Using ~2 tbsp dough for each cookie, place clusters on the baking sheet (I find it easiest to use 2 spoons to do this). You may need to press down or adjust stray pieces, but as long as the dough forms a rough cluster shape the cookies should stay together just fine once baked!
- Bake for 11-13 minutes (more chewy = less time, more crunchy = more time). Let cool on baking sheet for 10-15 minutes. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
*Compared to maple syrup, honey makes for a chewier cookie.
Make it Vegan: Use maple syrup instead of honey.
Make it Gluten Free: Use gluten free thick rolled oats.
Make it Nut Free: Use seed butter (sunflower, tahini) & replace 1/2 sliced almonds with 1/4 cup seed of choice (sunflower, pumpkin) and 1/4 cup thick rolled oats.
- Category: Cookies
Keywords: snacks, sweets, granola, cookie, nuts, nut butter, almonds, pumpkin seeds, maple syrup, honey